Veronica R. Norgaard is an attorney with Weinberger Divorce & Family Law Group. Ms. Norgaard began her legal career as the Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Joseph L. Foster, J.S.C., in the New Jersey Superior Court (Ocean Vicinage). She is admitted to practice in both New Jersey and New York. Since being admitted, Ms. Norgaard has represented countless clients with family issues throughout the State of New Jersey ranging from divorces, complex asset division and support matters, child custody and parenting time, and litigating matters involving the Division of Child Protection and Permanency (DCPP), formerly known as DYFS, when children are removed from their parents’ custody.
Ms. Norgaard has earned a reputation throughout New Jersey for her aggressive, strategic, and effective representation in divorce and family law matters. She has appeared in family courts across New Jersey and utilizes her transactional and financial knowledge to ensure that her adversaries are unsuccessful in hiding money or assets. In addition, Ms. Norgaard is a sought after commentator, having appeared on television to discuss divorce and family law issues, and also serves as an Adjunct Professor of Family Law, and an Adjunct Professor of Legal Writing and Research at Fairleigh Dickinson University.
Ms. Norgaard is a skilled and recognized trial attorney and has successfully tried cases before judges in New York and New Jersey.
Ms. Norgaard has been recognized as a New Jersey Super Lawyers – Rising Star. She has also been named by the American Institute of Legal Counsel as one of the 10 Best Client Satisfaction for Family Law in New Jersey. In addition, she has recently been selected as a Top 40 Under 40 Family Lawyer in the State of New Jersey by The American Society of Legal Advocates, which is an honor held by less than 1.5% of national lawyers.
* Super Lawyers is a publication of Thomson Reuters. The selection process is conducted by an independent firm that determines which lawyers in New Jersey have attained a high degree of peer recognition & professional achievement. The selection process can be viewed at www.superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of NJ.
* American Institute of Family Law(10 Best Client Satisfaction; Top 10 Under 40) “To be named an attorney must be formally nominated by the board, client, and/or fellow Attorney; have attained the highest degree of professional achievement in his or her field of law; and having done so with an impeccable Client Satisfaction rating. To learn more about the selection process see www.aiofla.org. No aspect of this has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
* American Society of Legal Advocates ASLA’s selection process is conducted manually by lawyers. Prospective members initially are evaluated based on publicly-available information, although member nominations are accepted from current members, other lawyers, and past clients. To learn more about the selection process see https://www.societyoflegaladvocates.org/selection-process/. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court.
Areas of Practice:
Family and Matrimonial Law
Divorce and Legal Separations
Dissolution of Domestic Partnerships/Civil Unions and Same Sex Marriages
Visitation and Parenting Time
Alimony and Palimony
Division of Assets - Equitable Distribution
Pre and Post-Nuptial Agreements
Adoption and Kinship Legal Guardianships
Children’s Educational Needs
Modification of Custody
Modification of Child Support
Modification, Reduction or Termination of Alimony
Enforcement of Custody
Enforcement of Child Support
Enforcement of Alimony
Domestic Violence Matters
Post Divorce Matters
Relocation out of the State of New Jersey with a child
Division of Child Protection and Permanency (DCP&P - formerly DYFS)
U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
Awards / Recognition:
New Jersey Super Lawyers – Rising Stars 10 Best Client Satisfaction for Family Law – American Institute of Legal Counsel Top 40 Under 40 Family Lawyer – The American Society of Legal Advocates
Professional Associations and Memberships:
New Jersey State Bar Association
– Family Law Section
– Union County Representative
– Women in the Profession Section
American Bar Association
– Family Law Section
– Young Lawyers Division
Middlesex County Bar Association
Monmouth County Bar Association
Pro Bono / Volunteer Activities:
Fee Arbitration Panelist, District XII
Don't go into your divorce or family law matter defenseless