Nestled in the suburbs of New Jersey but close enough to New York to enjoy its cosmopolitan lifestyle, Somerset County has a pace of its own. When family law issues arise, they're deserving of the same kind of professional legal counsel offered in the neighboring cities. That's why residents turn to us for big-city family law attorney services with small-town personal attention.
From Branchburg to Bridgewater, this county has one of the highest per capita income rates in the United States. As such, when couples need assistance with asset division, child support, child custody, alimony, domestic violence, and other matters, they instinctively turn to our trusted counsel.
We understand firsthand the questions and concerns you may experience.
Below are just a few examples:
- Your house in Far Hills is appraised at 1.2 million dollars. How will this be divided in a divorce?
- Through your job, you have both vested and unvested stock options, along with a 401k. Does your spouse have any claim to these assets?
- You live in Manville and have always been the family's breadwinner. How is spousal support (i.e., alimony) calculated?
- You live in Watchung, but your spouse is moving out of state to be closer to work. How will this affect child custody arrangements?
Regardless of where you live — Rocky Hill to Bernardsville or anywhere in between — the issues you encounter will be handled by one of our accomplished attorneys, who will serve as your guide and advocate in the whole process. Whether that means acting as a neutral party mediator during private mediations or aggressively litigating your case to trial, when it comes to legal representation, you can expect nothing but the best from us.
Basking Ridge Divorce Litigation vs. Mediation
While many attorneys are barred in the state and offer family law as a service, their qualifications compete with our attorneys. We devote 100% of our time exclusively to family law. We hold the highest rating possible from Martindale-Hubbell. You'll be represented by a an attorney who not only understands the law on a statewide level, but can seamlessly navigate the local court system.
We handle a broad range of matters including divorce, child custody,domestic partnership/civil unions, domestic violence, pre- and post-nuptial agreements, and more. From simpler, uncontested divorces that can settle through mediation, to highly charged, contested divorces headed to the courtroom, your attorney will approach your circumstances with care, making informed decisions that benefit your case. Our firm is headed by Bari Zell Weinberger, who is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a matrimonial law attorney. Ms. Weinberger is the associate author of the New Jersey Family Law Practice, a five-volume treatise relied on by attorneys and family law judges all over the state.
In an ideal setting, mediation is the approach to a peaceful resolution; however, the reality is that not all divorces end amicably. We are fully prepared to take your case to trial, aggressively litigating it as needed. In and around Somerset County, the firm's family law attorneys have solidified relations with the community and local court judges, including:
- Hon. Angela Borkowski
- Hon. H. Matthew Curry
- Hon. Margaret G. Goodzeit
- Hon. Thomas Miller
Since the process of litigation can stir emotions—especially when children are involved—we know how to be diplomatic in our approach, and sensitive to the relations that need to be preserved long after the separation or divorce has been finalized.
What to Expect
Commitment to your case is our top priority. Your selected attorney will adhere to following set of principles:
- Unique Needs: At the first meeting, your circumstances will be evaluated, and a clear understanding of the process, including what to expect, is outlined.
- Communication: Crucial to your case's success, the lines of communication are wide open. We'll take the time to understand your goals, consider your values, and recommend the most appropriate course of action for both you and your family.
- Privacy: When it comes to your privacy, you can take comfort in knowing you are protected. All aspects of your case will be treated with the utmost in confidentiality.
- Fact Finding: Collecting specific data and background to assist with your case is routine. This information, as deemed necessary, is requested to increase the value and/or outcome for you.
- Commitment: In the most economical way and under the least amount of stress, our firm is fully committed to helping you achieve your goals.
- Trust: Consistent support for you and your family members is given throughout the process. Even during the post-judgment period, our clients rely on us for a variety of concerns that arise.
Our experience has earned us an empowering reputation as a family law firm who only has your best interests in mind. Below is a list of the local towns and municipalities most frequently served:
|Blackwells Mills||Little Falls||Skillman|
|Bound Brook||Middlebush||South Bound Brook|
|Bradley Gardens||Millstone||Ten Mile Run|
|East Millstone||North Plainfield||Wanaque|
|Green Knoll||Pleasant Plains||Weston|
|Griggstown||Pompton Lakes||Woodland Park|
Please contact us to schedule a free consultation: (973) 520-8822
Our office is located just off of Route 46, and is easily accessible from Routes 80, 287, 280, 10, 202, and the Garden State Parkway. Contact us today so that one of our lawyers or mediators can immediately help you during your time of need. We will be there for you.