Domestic Violence NJ
Anyone can be a victim of domestic violence. NJ domestic violence victims can come from any social or economic background. They can be both women and men—and they can come from any country in the world. Yet despite their differences, domestic violence victims share one common trait—they all live in fear. If you are a victim of domestic violence, help is available. A New Jersey domestic violence attorney will help protect you from domestic abuse, so you can rebuild your life.
New Jersey Domestic Violence Laws
There are many types of domestic abuse, including:
- Physical Abuse
- Verbal Abuse
- Emotional Abuse
- Terroristic Threats
- Sexual Abuse
While physical abuse may leave a victim of domestic violence with permanent disabilities and scarring, emotional abuse, verbal abuse, and harassment can be just as damaging. Even though these forms of abuse do not leave physical marks or scars, they can leave emotional wounds that take a lifetime to heal.
In addition to physical and emotional trauma, domestic violence victims may also experience a wide range of feelings—including embarrassment, sadness, guilt, and fear. This fear may be directed towards their abuser (fear of further abuse or retaliation), or it can be directed towards society (fear of prejudice or social stigma). Unfortunately, these feelings and fears often prevent victims of domestic violence from receiving the help and protection they need
What to Do If You Believe That You Are a Victim of Domestic Violence (NJ)
If you believe that you are a victim of domestic violence, it is important to:
- Save any letters, e-mails, or mail containing threats made against you
- Take photos of any visual bodily injuries
- Save any threatening phone messages left for you
- Collect copies of all medical or emergency room records and reports
- Contact the police if you or your family is in imminent danger
- Go to the Courthouse to obtain a Temporary Restraining Order
- Seek refuge at a Battered Women's Shelter
- Contact a New Jersey Domestic Violence Attorney immediately
If you are a victim, the New Jersey domestic violence laws are on your side. You need a New Jersey domestic violence lawyer who will fight for your rights and protect both you and your family from your abuser. At Weinberger Law Group, LLC , experienced and compassionate domestic violence lawyers will provide you with the resources, support groups, counseling, and therapy you need to rebuild your life. In addition, your NJ domestic violence attorney will be able to answer all of your domestic violence NJ questions, including:
- How do I obtain an Emergency Restraining Order?
- How long does a Temporary Restraining Order last and remain enforceable?
- What elements comprise harassment, assault, or terroristic threats?
- Where can I go to escape my abuser?
- How can I find a Battered Women's Shelter in my area?
- What are my legal rights?
- How can I protect my children from my abuser?
Victims of Domestic Violence—Retain an Attorney to Fight for You
One of the most important steps is finding an NJ domestic violence attorney who will fight for you. You need an attorney who understands the delicate nature of domestic violence and with whom you feel comfortable sharing the intimate details of your abuse. This is a necessary part of the process because it will enable your attorney to help you determine how to proceed with your domestic violence matter. If a Final Restraining Order can be obtained, the New Jersey domestic violence attorneys at Weinberger Law Group, LLC will fight aggressively to protect you. Contact Weinberger Law Group, LLC today to schedule a CONFIDENTIAL consultation so you can understand your options before deciding how to proceed.
Dealing with New Jersey domestic violence issues?
Get a free consultation
from a trusted authority in family law —
Weinberger Law Group. There is no substitute for experience.
Call us today: (888) 888-0919.