How Do I Begin the Legal Process?
Divorce and Legal Separation in New Jersey
Divorce Attorneys - Legal Documents - Consultation - Costs
When it comes to divorce in New Jersey and other family law matters, we understand that the legal process can be overwhelming. That's why Weinberger Law Group is constantly developing its website and content, dedicating page after page to divorce in New Jersey and family law-related issues. Our aim is to help educate you which we find can help alleviate anxiety during this difficult time in your life. As it is natural for you to have questions about the New Jersey divorce process we encourage you to call the office and schedule your consultation. During this meeting your Weinberger Law Group New Jersey family lawyers will facilitate an open Q & A forum and outline your personal legal rights. To get started our experienced New Jersey family lawyers have created this easy-to-follow four-step process.
Choose the Right New Jersey Divorce Attorney
When looking to hire a New Jersey family law attorney, it is important that he or she has the following characteristics:
- It is critical that your NJ lawyer devotes 100% of their legal practice to family and matrimonial law. Certified matrimonial attorneys exude a higher level of confidence because they have already undergone extensive testing and satisfied the stringent requirements set by the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey.
- You need New Jersey family lawers you can trust will put your best interests first.
- Select a matrimonial lawyer or New Jersey divorce attorney you have a connection with because if your personalities are compatible, then your counsel is more likely to put you at ease throughout the legal process.
The documents you need to gather in order to make the most out of your meeting with your New Jersey family law attorney of course depend on your specific issue(s). The basic rule of thumb is—prior to your meeting—gather all necessary documents that will support each of your issues. This will help maximize the benefit you receive from your personal consultation with one of our experienced New Jersey family law attorneys.
- Before you meet with an attorney, review our article related to preparing to meet with your lawyer, which highlights various documents to gather.
- For post-judgment matters, a good starting point would be to compile your judgment of New Jersey divorce, marital settlement agreement, previously filed case information statement, and any existing post divorce court orders.
- Where alimony and child support are concerned, collect recent paystubs, tax returns, and other financial records.
To help get you started, download and print out our multi-purpose, helpful Financial Information Checklist to start keeping track of your assets, liabilities and expenses.
Schedule a Consultation
The purpose of Weinberger Law Group's website is to provide you with a set of starter tools that will guide you through your specific New Jersey family law case; however, to get personalized legal attention regarding divorce in New Jerseyor other family law issues, please contact us and schedule a consultation. This meeting will help you to:
- Better understand your legal options and remedies.
- Make intelligent decisions as to how to proceed with your case.
Understand Retainer Agreements
A retainer agreement is a legal contract that establishes an attorney-client relationship. The retainer agreement is required, along with the initial retainer fee, before a New Jersey divorce or family law attorney can commence work on your case.
To learn more about Weinberger Law Group, NJ family law attorney services, specific practice areas such as divorce, legal separation, mediation, child custody, child support, alimony, domestic violence, pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements, adoption, and any other New Jersey family law matters, please contact us.