I have been falsely accused of domestic violence. How do I correct this? What are my rights?

False accusations on domestic violence are a common situation right now. Unfortunately, many people use it as a tool by which to gain the upper hand in a divorce situation. It’s a disgrace of our legal system, and in fact, many falsely accused people need to come forward and they need to present their cases and their situation to a judge. When you are falsely accused in the event that there’s already temporary restraining order against you, you have an opportunity to go before the court at the final restraining order hearing, which is essentially 10 days beyond the issuance of the temporary restraining order. At that hearing, you can present testimony and witnesses. You can even bring the police officer that was there at the time of the original incident. You give the judge everything that is necessary to clear your name.