How can I get help for a domestic violence issue?

There are many people out there who are victims of domestic violence. This is a very serious situation and those people who need protection need to get up and get it. Here’s what you need to do: You need to either call the police, go to battered women shelter, go to Municipal Court, if it’s after hours, or go to the superior court, they have domestic violence units, and there are case workers there who can meet with you whether you’re a man or a woman. If, in fact, you are a victim, there are ways in which anyone of these particular arenas or people or institutions can help you get the voice out there and get yourself in front of a judge who has the ability to give you an immediate temporary restraining order to get the protection you need. After you get the temporary restraining order, there is immediate protection for a period of approximately 10 days, after which there is a determination of whether or not that temporary restraining order gets converted into a final restraining order. If you’re in need of protection, go get the security, go get the help. It’s out there, there are many people there to support you.